Verne Quarry Battery is a High Angle Fire Battery armed with 9-inch Rifle Muzzle Loading guns.
Built between 1890 and 1895 it was out of service by 1910 and never appears to have been armed with more than four 9-inch RMLs.
A total of seven Position Finding Cells were built, one station of four at East Cliff, one at Priory Corner (West Cliff) and the remaining two within Verne Citadel.
See Fort Log from Victorian Forts with many plans and images at :https://www.victorianforts.co.uk/art/highangle.htm
Original plan from Palmerston Forts Society Fort Log and other details from The National Archives, see https://www.palmerstonfortssociety.org.uk/ and WO 78/4159 Record Plan of Verne Quarry Battery 6 x 9-inch R.M.L. Guns, high angle.