Mong-Há Fort (Chinese: 望廈炮台) was built by the Portuguese between 1849 and 1866. The Fort was originally built after the First Opium War 1839-1842, but construction was obviously delayed when things went quieter. During the Korean War, or possibly Cultural Revolution, a new concrete pillbox was built on top of the Fort. The Fort covered the northern access to Macau.
The fort was armed with ten guns. For much of the time the Garrison was Portuguese Colonial Troops from North Africa.
Portuguese Name was Fortaleza de Mong-Há.