Frieston or Boston Shore Battery, Lincolnshire. This batter was part of the Northern Command’s coastal defences. An Emergency Battery built in the dark days of 1940. It was commissioned in May 1940 and armed with two 6-inch breech-loading Mk. VII naval guns, numbers 1190 and 1245. It is believed to have been operational until about September 1944. There are reports that the guns were move to Jackson Corner Battery, possibly as early as 1941. The site includes two-gun emplacements, magazines, an engine room, battery command post and two Defence Electric Lights. There are also some pillboxes in the locality.
Thanks Alistair Graham Kerr