The Castle of Bourtzi located in the harbour of Nafplio was built by the Venetians completed and completed in 1473. This Castle also fell to the Turks in 1753. It was taken by the Greeks in 1822, from where they assisted in the siege of Nafplio. Until 1865 it continued in military use, and thereafter it was used variously as a residence, hotel and place of execution. Now being renovated so that it can be opened to the public.