Aldenburgh Battery was established in June 1940 as an emergency Battery with naval guns. The battery was armed with two 6-inch Mark II gun on VII mountings. The guns were manufactured in 1914 and 1916. Two CASL (searchlights) were also built to support the battery. A dummy battery was built nearby as a decoy. The BOP was completed by August 1941 in an old Mill Building, and in September more permanent overhead protection was installed for the guns. The Battery Stood Down in November 1943.
The guns were manned by 328 Heavy Battery, Royal Artillery, replaced by 354 Heavy Battery in January 1942,
Little remains of the battery today apart from a footprint of the Number 1 Gun House, and the old Mill building that was the BOP.
Plan is from http://pillboxes-suffolk.webeden.co.uk/